Friday, September 16, 2005

This is for my freaky cat loving friends (Thanks Ashbloem!):
http://www.7secondsoflove.com/ninja/
And one more for you cat loving freaks, http://stuffonmycat.com/

+=================+
So, I haven’t written in several weeks. My apologies.
Michelle

+=================+
Through my friends Carey and Steven (hey!) I volunteered for the second (officially, third unofficially) time at BBQ NYC (http://www.bbq-nyc.com/) as a food commando (I had to oversee the moving on the food line and the bringing of the meat) and also entered the salsa contest. I entered using someone else’s recipe (Ron Johnson’s to be exact) and, to the big chagrin of my foodie friends (yes, my dirty little secret is out: I am a closet foodie, who posts on food web sites. I like good food. Preferably cheap good food), I used CANNED tomatoes and GARLIC SALT. My foodie friends used heirloom tomatoes and totally organic ingredients. The rest of the items I used were organic, except for the CANNED TOMATOES and GARLIC SALT. Oh, and the pre-chopped, bottled garlic. Yes, that’s right. PRE CHOPPED, BOTTLED GARLIC.
Well, long story short, I won the salsa contest. The big prize was a t-shirt.
Here’s the recipe:
Place in food processor:
One can San Marzanos
Two jalapenos, stems removed
two cloves of garlic
half red onion, roughly chopped
bunch of cilantro, stems removed
juice of two limes (I added this right before serving instead of letting it sit for 24 hours)
salt
pepper
chopped scallions
habanero to taste

Process to desired chunkiness, place in covered container in fridge for 24 hours.
THANKS RON JOHNSON!

+=================+
Last week I was in LA for my friend Sandy’s wedding to George. I was the maid of honor. Photos available on http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/ Will tell you ALL about that next week.

+=================+
This week’s horoscopes go out to:
Sandy and George
Young Mee, Laurie, Claire, Sofia, Linda
Bev and her George
Carey and Steven
The Mighty Fine BBQ NYC crew
Big Island BBQ
Adam Perry Lang (of Daisy Mae fame) for some fine pig Bob and Russell Saumya and her wonderful sister and brother in law Mija and Kevin plus one!
Bye Martha!

+=================+
Check out your weekly horoscope at http://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of September 15, 2005
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

ann & dabney said...

how come you've never made said salsa for us? I want some. now. I mean it.

- d