Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Meet Auggie

I got yet ANOTHER cat.  To those keeping track, Boo Radley passed away suddenly (xo, Boo); and Laurie, who I was fostering, was thought to be depressed was actually sick with chronic renal disease (The adoption org found her another foster who could care for her needs).  Not a good run so far.

This is Auggie (nee Armando), originally from the ASPCA.  He's a healthy, 4-y/o, 9-lb. Siamese male cat who is too smart for his own good.  Someone at work said that Siamese cats are so smart, that when I get home tonight, Auggie will have solved 10 Rubix cubes and stacked them in a pyramid-shape.  I think it is true.  It's taking a while for him to warm up to me and it's keeeeling me.  Although I want to scoop him up and squeeze him and pet him and call him George, I am trying really hard to just be calm and encouraging and provide lots of mental stimulation.  Right now, we are in the middle of a game of Trivial Purrrrsuit.


Good night, everyone in the Catskills!  I'm here all weeeek!  Try the veal!

No comments: