Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Frat Boy Diet

Because of my work schedule this week, I have been just grabbing whatever food is around, if there is time to eat. So mini candy bars, bagels have been staples. I've also been attending lots of luncheons where it seems that there is a giant factory in NYC making fancy greens salads with grilled chicken and round, single serve desserts. Yesterday, I gave my ticket away to someone senior, and the group hosting were generous and said I could sit wherever I wanted. However I had work to do so I didn't have the salad with chicken and round red velvet cake. So instead, after the luncheon, I had chocolate chip ice cream for lunch.

Today I gave my ticket away but I got to sit and have the salad with chicken and the round, ridiculously thick cheesecake. (I only ate most of the chicken, the tomatoes and some of the greens. I am not a fan of frisée.) And lots of water.

Oddly, this diet has made me lose weight. But it is also making me very tired. I wonder why? (rhetorical question)

I can't wait for tomorrow's luncheon. I wonder what round dessert I will get this time. I know what the entree will be.


No comments: