Thursday, August 15, 2002

If I had a million dollars (orig. post: 8/15/02)

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Yes, I am now 30 years old. Let me tell you my theory of the early decades. Iconsider the 20s my freshman year: time to make themistakes and learn to walk. The 30s are going to bemy sophomore year: I know how to talk the talk andwalk the walk. So all in all, it's a good time. During my 40s I hope to spend as my junior yearsabroad, either physically or mentally. My senioryears will be 50s and I think by the time I am 60, Iwill be ready to graduate.

*****************************

Yes, early on this day in 1972, my mother walked tothe Roosevelt Hospital emergency entrance, and withthe little English she had, intimated that she was inlabor. Soon after, I was born (I started to come outwhile they were getting her on the stretcher)!!! Today is also the Feast of the Assumption (Catholic):The Feast of the Assumption is an important day in theCatholic religion. It is the principal feast of theBlessed Virgin, the mother of Jesus Christ. This feastcommemorates two events - the departure of Mary fromthis life and the assumption of her body into heaven. And it is also Korea's Liberation Day. With theofficial surrender of Japan to the Allied forces onAugust 15, 1945, the 35-year colonization of Korea bythe Japanese came to an end. August 15, 1948 alsomarks the establishment of the Republic of Korea.It's also Congo National Day and India's IndependenceDay.So, all in all, it's a day to celebrate!

******************

Horoscopes not included on this post. If you should like to see the horoscopes for the week of August 15, 2002, please let me know.

No comments: