Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Here comes Santa Claus! (10/16/02)

Last night, I had the most amazing taxicab ride EVER. Ahmed, the driver, made me laugh so hard -- I can't remember when I laughed that much. He's a character. Laugh riot. He taped recorded our conversation --why? Who knows. But what is really interesting is that he decorates his cab for Christmas -- he's been on Good Morning America because of his cab. And he has pictures to prove it. People call him up just to reserve time to take photos in his cab with all of his Christmas decorations. He has something like 800 lights in his car for the occasion. He also quality tests the dioramas by driving up and down Henry Hudson with the windows open to make sure nothing falls off or apart. Quite the craftsman. He is also probably the nicest cab driver I have ever met. So if you are interested in meeting Ahmed or need a ride, I have his numbers. He doesn't start the Christmas cab until Dec 1 and it runs through Jan 8.

***********************************

This week's horoscopes go out to:

>> Kim, BIG HUG :)

>> Graham, (IT'S KOMO) feel better sweety!

>> Blend Engine, YOU ROCK!

No comments: