Thursday, June 5, 2003

Happy brithday, happy birthday! (6/5/2003)

Thank you to all of you who submitted haikus. You are all very creative and inventive people. I am a little surprised how you stretched the word media into all sorts of directions. Which is exactly how I planned it. Excellent (I am channeling Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons"). Anyway, you should all hear very soon re: the winners. I am not judging, but some of my
close, personal friends are. So bribes are welcome.

*********************************************
I am dedicating this week's horoscopes to my brother, Dr. Mike, renowned vascular surgeon at Columbia. If you ever need something vascular worked on (deep vein thrombosis, carotid artery stenosis, gangrene, etc.), he's your man.

My brother and I used to fight all them time. The entire neighborhood could hear us yelling obscenities to each other from the time we were children. We finally grew out of it and now we are good friends. Of course, he has this bad habit of looking at some new electronic device of mine and saying,"You don't need that, do you?" But that's what brothers are for. I will always cherish those wrestling matches, water fights and his scaring me with stories of ax murderers loose in the neighborhood (and of course, the ax was "missing" from our garage). Ahh, good times.

So here's to you, my brother! Happy Birthday!

Love, your sis

No comments: