Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So itchy!!!!!!!! (7-20-05)

My apologies for the lack of horoscopes last week. The week escaped me.

+=======================+
So the weekend of July 4th, I was in Vermont at Jen Brown’s family place and a bunch of us decided to do the John Langhans Independence Run, organized by the Woodstock Community Center, in the neighboring town of Woodstock, VT. I don’t run, but I planned to walk the 7.2 mi. The race started at 8 AM and I quickly noticed that there were no other walkers. Just me. So I went on my merry way. The race is goes around Woodstock over these giant hills and through the town. Well, I was going at a pretty good pace until I noticed there was no mile 3 marker. I thought, that is strange. And there were no more water stations. I thought, hmm, that’s screwed up. AND THEN I noticed that flat bed trucks carrying the water station people and the water were driving past me. Yes, they decided that since the majority of people had finished the race, they would close shop. They did stop by and check on me twice to see that I had enough water. But basically I was left alone, wandering the hills of Woodstock, VT. It was ok – beautiful scenery, long stretches of road. The only scary part was this hill – very steep and isolated. I was thanking the gods that I was wearing a bright orange t-shirt – I didn’t want to be hunted down. Well, I finished the “race” and was congratulated by my friends. However, the race officials were all gone, the medals were already handed out. So thanks for nothing, Woodstock Community Center!

(see http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/ for photos)


But other than that, a mighty fine weekend.

+=======================+

Those great goons at Google have created a masterpiece. Check out this link and zoom in as close as possible to the moon’s surface.

http://moon.google.com/


Also check out additional information via the link, “More about Moon Google.”

Thanks, Steven, for the link!

+=======================+
This week’s horoscopes go out to:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FRANNIE!
CONGRATULATIONS TO FRIM DECKER, totally awesome person and cancer survivor, who finished her first triathlon (pix on http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FRERTISCHEK
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FROB MADISON
Congratulations to FRally and FRodd + 2
Congratulations to FRunita and Freg + 1
Can’t wait to see you next week, FRandy!
XOXOXOXO to FRen FRrown, FRAnnie, FRabney, FRAshlee, FRess, FRillip, FRarmela, FRIsaac and of course, my lovah, FRiedler

+=======================+
Check out your horoscope at www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of July 21, 2005
By Rob Brezsny© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: