Wednesday, July 27, 2005

post Chinese food bloat (7-27-05)

OK, update on the haikus. There are three judges and I have only received responses from 1 (Thanks). One judge is traveling and the other was traveling and now has returned and probably conveniently forgotten that [put the name of this person here] is a judge. (Notice how I don’t use a pronoun to describe the judge. I am soooo sneaky.)

So, no results for the haikus yet. So, please, stop asking.

+==========================+
http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/25/singles-best-cities_cx_05sing_0725land.html

The best city for singles is Denver, Colorado. I think this is because it’s full of hippies.
And I have to disagree about Boston. I mean, come on, Boston??? If you like 18 year olds… Wait, I change my mind – Boston is good.

+==========================+
So on Friday I am getting LASIK surgery. I am very excited about this because I am sick and tired of my glasses. Yes, this is an elective surgery and yes, I probably don’t need to get it done, but I want it. I have been thinking about it for some time. I especially think about it when I am in the swimming pool, wearing an old pair of glasses that I don’t mind getting mucked up. Yes, I am that blind. However, when I am at the pool, I am usually swimming around with a bunch of 70 year olds in my aqua aerobics class; so wearing glasses in the pool is no biggie considering they are wearing extremely worn out bathing suits and have liver spots the size of Dakota.

I also have thought about LASIK when on rollercoasters; when falling asleep with my glasses on and turning over and bending them out of shape; when I stepped on a pair once; when I broke a lens out of my current pair after I dropped it on the floor; when I have to switch between my prescription glasses to my prescription sunglasses; when I went waterskiing (once and it was disastrous); and most of all, when I am in the shower and have to either lift my leg up to my face or bend down and squish my eyeball to my leg when shaving my legs.

Of course, once I get rid of my glasses, I will have to deal with lots of non-eyeglass wearing issues, such as: all sorts of flying debris landing in my eyes, splattering oil from a frying pan, and wearing protective eye gear while sawing things in half, you know, the everyday issues for a non-eyeglass wearing person.

Owell.

+==========================+
This week’s horoscopes go out to:
SANDY!!!!! See you tomorrow morning, IN LA!!!!
Anybody’s birthday that I happened to miss
Lynda
SunAe
Bob and Russell
Carey, Steven and Martha G. (I am still dreaming of that smoked trout)
Congrats, Martha A!

1 comment:

Ashbloem said...

HOW IN GOD'S NAME Boston can be considered in the top 10 of cities good for singles is BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION.

MY BRAIN MAY EXPLODE IF I PONDER IT FURTHER.