Thursday, January 19, 2006

Once you get to the palm tree, turn left after the third camel on the right and THEN.... (1-13-06)

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD LIBS

My friend L. lives in Washington, DC, and works for the U.S.
government in the Department of [CRAZY NOUN]. She can't discuss what
she does, but I do know she writes about [PLACES] and [PEOPLE]. She
has always wanted to tour war torned regions, which I think is
[EXPLETIVE ADJECTIVE] crazy, but I know that whatever she does she
will be successful at it. I just hope that she has [NOUN] to protect
her.

So, when she told me that she volunteer to go to [HOT, DUSTY, UNSAFE
COUNTRY], I said, "Wow, that's [EXPLETIVE ADJECTIVE] great!" My next
question was, "What are you going to do about the rest of the
television schedule?" My third questions was, "What will you be doing
in [PLACE WHERE THINGS, WHICH ARE USUALLY LOUD, EXPLOSIVE EVEN, HAPPEN
ON A DAILY BASIS]?"

She told me that she doesn't know. She is just going for [NUMBER] of
[PERIOD OF TIME] and she is not sure what she will be doing. To which
I replied, [EXPLETIVE THAT HARKENS FOUL AROMAS FROM LARGE LUMBERING
FARM ANIMAL]! You just can't say!

We went back and forth on this: No, really I don't know! You just
can't tell me! No, really, I don't know. COME ON! You know. Well,
you can see how this goes.

So, she continued by saying that the next [NUMBER] of [PERIOD OF TIME]
she will be in training classes to learn [NAME OF ACTIVITY] and for
the last [NUMBER] of [PERIOD OF TIME] she will be at [LOCATION THAT
HAS LOTS OF FENCES].

I am just amazed at L. That she can go to [THE COUNTRY WHERE WOMEN
WEAR LOTS OF BLACK] and do... well... something. Especially in
today's political climate. I am very proud of her. Now, I just hope
that she doesn't get [ACTION VERB] or [ANOTHER ACTION VERB], but I do
hope she gets to [ACTION VERB] or [NOT SO ACTION VERB]. And just that
she gets back safe.

So, BON VOYAGE AND SAFE TRAVELS, L.!

+=====================+
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVETTE! (Thank our international mule for the Baygon!
http://www.baygon.com/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=186)

+=====================+
Check out your horoscopes at www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of January 12, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
(c) 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: