Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's only when I turn my head this way that it hurts... (4-12-06)

My friend Lori Wong is the coolest person I know. She is an art conservator for the Getty Institute out in LA (in trade for the beautiful weather, they punish you with the driving) and has worked on the Mogao Grottoes, a World Heritage Site on the Silk Road. The Grottoes are located near the ancient town of Dunhuang in northwestern China. According to the Web site: "Dating from the fourth to the fourteenth centuries, the ancient Buddhist site contains 492 decorated caves temples excavated into 1.6 kilometers of cliff face. The site includes some 45,000 square meters of wall paintings and over 2,400 polychromed sculptures comprising the largest body of Buddhist art in China."

And Lori has been working on this conservation project!!!! How cool is that????!!!!

So check out the video on the GCI's project at the Mogao Grottoes.



+=================================+
My friends Dave and Matt have a podcast called, The Dave and Matt Show. In Episode 7, they mentioned me and a comment I made about Episode 6. And I have no comment to make about my alleged couch sniffing problem. Check out their Web site.


+=================================+
Check out my blog: http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/

+=================================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Yvette
Sandy
Sasha, Beth and Tasha
Alex
The Marthas and Martha's mom

+=================================+
Check out your weekly horoscopes at Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of April 13, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
(c) 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: