Thursday, January 17, 2008

George, George, George of the Jungle - WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!

There is a massive depletion of vitamin D in my system this week. Why? Well, 70 degree, sunny days in FL to 30 degree, cloudy days in NY will do that to you. Sigh.

+=======================+
I attended the funeral of a coworker Frichael Froodson this week. It was so sad. He was so young. However, I know that he was loved and his spirit will live on. The one thing I will always remember is his love of candy and chocolate. He was a skinny man, but he could pack away the chocolates. I once saw him eat several kit kats in a row. And he never gained an ounce.

So, this week, in memory of Frichael, please eat some chocolate.

+=======================+
Working in the media industry, I have come to loathe tv news. Generally, it's not accurate, it's always taken out of context and it's definitely sensationalized. What's really weird though is, while I was in Florida, I started watching the "Today Show" every morning, even on the weekends. I haven't consistently and consecutively watched the "Today Show" in more than 10 years. PR will do that to you because you know that every beauty, medical, electronic, fashion (I could go on) segments on the morning shows were pitched by some poor PR person chained to their desk and telephone. PR people make relentless calls to journalists who are inevitably annoyed that a PR person is calling. You think we WANT to call you? As if it is (actually was since I no longer pitch stories) a joy for us to cold call someone and know that we are annoying the shit out of them? As if I want to call you about [fill in client's product area here]. (Although I really did enjoy pitching an erectile dysfunction product)

I don't know why but I started watching the "Today Show" and enjoying the stupid segments about the right black pants and the new "American Gladiators" show (which also is an NBC show - cross promotion); the glibless babble of Meredith, Matt, Al and Anne; and the crowds of freezing people with their signs. However, since coming back to work, I can't watch it. Just turns me off entirely. Ah the curse of PR!

+=======================+
Thanks to the Frarthas for the regular checkups during the past few weeks. You so nice!
My deepest sympathy in the passing of Frisa D's grandmom
Welcome back, Frori! NYC missed you!

+=======================+
Check out your weekly horoscopes at
Free Will AstrologyHoroscopes for week of January 17, 2008
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2008 -- Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved

No comments: