Thursday, January 24, 2008

my eyes are like two balls of dryer lint

Thanks to everyone for your emails of good wishes for my mom. My parents got the call on Friday morning to come into the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville asap because a lung (she only got one replaced) was now available for my mom. After a false start (Mayo called again to tell them to go home, and then called a second time to say come back), my mom went into surgery Friday afternoon and was out by Friday night. She is recuperating well - breathing on her own, with help of oxygen. She is eating and sitting up and taking a few steps around the ICU. She probably won't get out of ICU until next week as she was really frail before the surgery and will need some more time recovering. However, overall, she is hanging in there. So, keep your fingers crossed that she gets through the pain, tolerates the immunosuppresants and other meds and does not reject the lung.

I will keep you updated on progress. I went down Saturday to make sure she was okay, which she is. My father is a bit of a mess, but that's to be expected. I plan on going down again soon, but the kind folks in ICU are doing a great job so my help isn't needed... yet.

Much love to all,
Michelle

+=======================================+
Check out your free weekly horoscope at Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of January 24, 2008
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2008 -- Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved

No comments: