Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving eats

11 lb turkey by me
I made this! This is my first turkey all by myself. I have co-cooked turkeys in previous years. I have even had the pleasure of cooking turkey legs. But this was my first turkey. It was pretty small, just 11 lbs. But it was all mine.

And then I made the sides: green bean casserole, stuffing and mashed potatoes - all of which rocked.

green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes

And of course, there was leftover turkey - but don't worry. It will be eaten. O yes, it will.

leftover turkey


turkey, carved and totally stripped

The next day, my dad decided he needed to outdo me, so he made me lunch. He cooked denjang chigae - a bean paste based soup with vegetables and tofu:

denjang chigae by dad

Bulgogi:
bulgogi made by dad

And his own kimchee:

kimchee made by my dad

Needless to say, he beat me in the cooking department.

No comments: