Sunday, May 17, 2009

typical of nyc living

My friend Fravi is moving out of her 1 bedroom apt into something much smaller. I am not sure what you call an apartment with a living room/kitchen and bed alcove, with a shower in the kitchen. AND it's a 4-story walk-up.

So, she has to get rid of her sofa, bar, kitchen table and bed. I thought about buying her couch until she said it was 83" long. That wouldn't fit into my doorway/hallway! No way. My current couch is 61" long. Ridiculous right?

Well, what's more ridiculous is that I couldn't find my colander. I have several but this one was perfect for medium size jobs. My cleaning lady put it away (side note: the only reason I work is to employ her) and I couldn't find it for two weeks. I looked in all my cabinets and really dug. DUG around for it. And then, I dreamed that I found it in the stove. Lo and behold, the colander was in the stove. WEIRD but TRUE.

No comments: