Saturday, October 29, 2011

Quandary

So dad is remarrying which is great and his fiancée is a really great person. The only stumbling block I've reached is what to call her. Now in Korean I'm not sure what the word for stepmom is and knowing how the Korean language is it's probably got some secondary derogatory meaning like horrible hag who hates her stepchildren. My dad said to call her mom but I'm afraid I had a visceral reaction to that one. Sorta came out as, "God no." In retrospect that wasn't very nice. O well. Quandary continues.

2 comments:

hellhot said...

wow way to go dad. i can't believe a recently widowered guy can get you a stepmom faster than I can, well, faster than I can even get a guy to ask me for my number between boyfriends...

Unknown said...

girl - he's still youngish, has most of his hair, in decent shape, financially secure AND can cook. He's like a unicorn among all of the single seniors out there.