Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Do you hear that? (11/20/02)

So, I hit a major wall at work this week. My job, as some of you know, is working on financial reports. Well this week, I lost the ability to add and subtract. Completely. Couldn't do it. Just numbers floating on a page. It was sad really. Freaked me out. My friends thought that may be this happened because I am bored at work. But I am not, really. I think it is because I have always had a mental block against money. Balancing it, transfering it, paying it off for this and that, borrowing it. Spending it is not a problem. But figuring out where it goes and why there is a daily balance and an APR for the year-- now that makes me want to hurl heavy large things at the credit card companies. Thankfully, my ability to add has come back, slowly. I am not sure what happened. Age? Lack of sleep? Aliens drilling in my brain? I will never know.

***************************
LESSON LEARNED
My super came by two nights ago because it seemed my shower was leaking and causing damage below. So, I said sure, come on in. He worked on it -- put down some new caulk, tinkered behind the taps. I let him be and wandered back to my chair to watch some tv. Didn't want to bother him -- he knew what he was doing-- or so I thought. So yesterday I found out what he did: he did caulk the tub and tinker around. But he also closed up the valve that drains the water out of my shower. So now, the water just builds up, around my feet, grossing me out. Freaks me out even now. All that soupy stuff --euw. Next time my super comes to fix something, I am going to watch.

***************************
This week's horoscopes go out to:
- Kim, thanks for calling in
- Yvette, YOU are the funny one
- Bob, get out the HUMIDIFIER

No comments: