Wednesday, September 8, 2004

I don't want to wait for our lives to be over... (9-8-04)

You gotta love Florida - even though there are hurricanes and extreme
humidity, the state of Florida is so stupid that they let me sign up for
an absentee ballot for the General Elections this November. Of course,
it does help that I never changed my FL driver's license over to NY. I
thought it might come in handy some day. Also, renewing a FL driver's
license is so easy! All you have to do is sign a piece of paper, send
in a check for $4 and get your license renewed. Amazing state, FL.

Of course, I have to now wait and see if I get my paperwork in time,
but I would bet that I do. Last time I did an absentee ballot out of FL
(in college), the state of FL sent me a punch card ballot with a steel
pin to punch out my selections. A steel pin, I tell you.

**********************************
I unfortunately have nothing else to contribute this week. The rain
has sapped my energy and my will to babble. You will just have to fill
in the blanks yourself this week.

**********************************
Last week's email about people riding bikes while walking their dogs
brought about a philosophy question for you to ponder:

Franibee from AZ: If you walk a dog when you are riding a bike, aren't
you actually driving the dog? Just an observation. PS-Bikes are why
God invented the skort :) I highly recommend it.

Also re: last week's email:

Lori from LA, CA: hey - how did I make it into the dedication section?
or do you know another Lori???! [Yes, I do know another Lori - NOT]

**********************************
This week's horoscopes go out to:

> ANN AND DABNEY ARE BACK! YAY!
> Saumya, for a wonderful cooking lesson and dinner
> Ann, Ennio and Camila, for being wonderful dinner companions (and for
getting me my financial reports!!! Thanks, Ann!)
> Mark, for buying that large umbrella (what's the Scottish word for
umbrella?) during the rainstorm of Star Wars: Episode I
> Carey, Steven and Jennifer, for a wonderful day at Brighton Beach and
at Chez Kane and Meyers

No comments: