Thursday, April 7, 2005

Because you told me it was important (4/7/05)

So I had the most incredible food poisoning this week. It was really unreal. Nothing would stay down. Not even water. For almost 24 hours, I had chills, they were electrifying and I did lose control, but not in a good way. It was miserable. I never wanted to eat again. So for 24 hours, with very little water, my brain started to get really gummy. It felt dehydrated. And very out of body in a way. I felt like a desert frog buried underneath the ground waiting for the rain.

[Oh, I should explain that the food poisoning was caused by Boston Market, rotisserie chicken. I am never going to eat at Boston Market ever again. And I have sincere doubts whether I will eat chicken again, but we shall see.]

Two days later and I am starving. It’s amazing how quickly the body rebounds. I am ravenous really. This morning, I thought the woman in front of me was eating a giant moon pie (http://www.moonpie.com/). It had me salivating. But it turned out to be a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese. I wonder if being dehydrated has affected my vision.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HAIKUS HAIKUS HAIKUS
To girlladyfriend@gmail.com
By April 15, 2005. The competition is getting harsh. Hurry and submit now!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Check out past emails and other ephemera at http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This week’s horoscopes go out to:
RUSSELL FROST & BOB MADISON, my knights in shining armors!

Mija and Kevin, two people who have a reservation next door to me in the loony bin
Ann, Dabney, Jen, Michelle E., Lynn, Rana, Briana, next time, less rain!
Lori who has the gall to be in Italy and enjoy it

No comments: