Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Have I told...you lately...that I lurrrrrve ya? (8-10-05)

LASIK 2005 UPDATE:

Thanks for all of the comments re: my fuzzy vision. Here are some of thehighlights:

From Carmen (Somewhere in NC) who said: "Oooh... soft light... also likeCybill Shepherd when she played Maddie in Moonlighting. She always had theprivilege of soft focus."

From Jess Smith (Seattle, WA) who said: "So in your eyes, I look youngerthan I am? Sounds good!"

From Holly (Tallahassee, FL) who said: "Congrats on your new eyeballs!"

From Simone (New York, NY) who said: "you're telling me that BarbaraWalters isn't always surrounded by 'soft light?' I thought she always hadthat glow - morning, noon and night."

And finally, from Mija (Northfield, MN) who said: "Hopefully, the world willclear up - I can imagine that soft lens around you all the time would getirritating - wouldn't it look like everyone was about to fall in love orsomething stupid like that?"

NOTE: My vision is still a little fuzzy, but the burning searing pain andgumminess has pretty much gone (kidding).

+===========================+
My wonderful nephew called me up this week. He is 3-1/2 years old and nevertalks to ANYONE on the phone. So it was very surreal to have this tinylittle voice asked me, "How are you, Komo (that's Korean for Aunt onFather's side)?" I was floored. I can't believe he called! He just wantedto say hi and asked me what I had for dinner. When I told him I had hotdogs (which I did. I have been craving hot dogs for about 3 weeks, but Ijust had the dogs, no buns), he was extremely happy because he likes hotdogs. The call ended with him screaming and laughing and running away fromthe phone, which is his more typical phone behavior.

+===========================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Steven, Carey, The Marthas, Bob and Russell (aka the Other Bob), Marcie,Sunita, Greg, Sally, Audrey, Claire, Sasha and Tad! Thanks for one rockin'night of karaoke!
Mike, Jen and Graham, thanks

+===========================+
Check out your weekly horoscpoes at www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

No comments: