Thursday, August 25, 2005

PS: I hope it's not scabies (8-25-05)

I am addicted to this putt-putt game. When I was growing up, there was a mini-putt nearby that was called "Putt-putt" and it had the most annoying jingle, that went "Putt putt for the fun of it! Putt putt for the fun of it!"

My best score so far is 48. But I am working on lowering that.

http://www.elliotinthemorning.com/games/miniputt.swf

+=================================+
So I went to Jacksonville to stay with my mom and while there, I had a long list of errands. I fixed my dad's office computer, I vacuumed the house, I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen, and I went to Orlando to get some things done on their house down there. Well, if you recall, I talked about the boxes of receipts, cancelled checks and statements that dated back to 1972. My father and I were able to hand shred 1972 - 1979. I knew when I came back to Jax this August, I wanted to find a shredding company so that we could finally get rid of those boxes from 1980 - at least 1998. I found a shredding company (http://shredit.com/) that actually comes to your house with a truck full of locked containers where the shredded documents are dumped. They only charge $8/banker's box. I was elated! Finally an answer to my shredding problems!

Well, my mother had other things in mind. She refused to use any shredding company because the papers were too sensitive to be shred by anyone other than her or me or my father. And she wouldn't budge.

I don't see how 25 year old cancelled checks from a bank that is no longer in business can be sensitive information, but she has her reasons. Needless to say, no one at my house shred a damn thing while I was down in FL this past week.

+=================================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:

ME BECAUSE IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY LAST WEEK!
Carmela Quezon, because not only was it her birthday last week but I also called her Carmen by mistake
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO HOLLY THOMPSON!
Bob and Russell, who gave me some incredible veggies and wonderful conversation
Martha, for the incredible salad and wonderful conversation as well
Steven and Alex, for understanding "women's problems" (LOLOLOLOLOL)

+=================================+
Check out your horoscope at www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of August 25, 2005
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: