Monday, October 30, 2006

Bourbon and ginger ale, please (10-30-06)

HOLLAWEEN

My friends Ann and Dabney host an annual Halloween party called Fright Pint. Last year was the first year and they were sushi. (I was Bob Ross) This year, A, D, Jen B. and I decided to make a group costume. It took us forever. Finally, A&D came up with a great idea. Can you guess what we are???

282185932_fcccaed1c1_o.jpg

BTW, I am not that short. I was scrunching down to make the sizes different. Really. No REALLY.

Needless to say, making these costumes was drama at its highest. A, D & J made the skirts and aprons. And then the next day they stared at me to "make it work." Luckily, we all pulled together...
(we meaning D & I, while J&A were doing this)
283775354_9fa9687b61_m.jpg

and made it work a la Tim Gunn.

At the party, we had the Suicide King and Queen of Hearts:
282190458_40847d0a12_m.jpg

And Dot and Patty Trailer-Trashe
282269154_87eabdff9c_m.jpg

Good times, good times.

For a complete story, see A&D's or Ashbloem's posts.
+====================+
Anyone in NYC want to quit smoking? If so, let me know.

+====================+
I have been working, working, working, and now have 13.75 vacation days left. Can you believe it? Last year I had 24 vacation days and 12 sick days and I used every last one of them. But this year -- I came in with 18 vacation days and I have 13.75 days left. What is that about? When did I become a workaholic? Of course my friends would say that I have always been one, but that's not true. When I don't want to, I won't. However it turns out I do want to and I have too many vacation days and not enough time to take them. But my work has a "use it or lose it" policy. So, I better start soon. I think I will plan hanging out and catching up on the sleep that I have been missing this year. And get my haircut.

Yes, I am going to spend my vacation time doing nothing. I can't wait.

+====================+
you know, it is virtually impossible for me to take a picture without making some weird face. Exhibit #1 is the hair shot below.

Exhibit #2
cherry mart

Exhibit #3
rock on 8-6-05

+====================+
This email goes out to:
MIKE, PAUL, FRANCOIS and SUN AE -- Rocky Horror next time
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LORI AND KIM
BON VOYAGE, ROB and BUSSELL
ANN, DAB, JEN B. and Mr. Fiedler