Friday, November 23, 2007

The McRib




I don't know if you guys remember the McRib from McDonalds. It was a patty of reconstituted pork meat, slathered in high fructose corn syrup, I mean red sugar slurry, I mean barbecue sauce, in a long "bun." McDonald's pulled the sandwich off the market because a pork sandwich wouldn't do well in non-pork eating countries and well, it was just a giant heart clogging sandwich. I have to say though, I actually did like the McRib when I was younger. I don't think I can stomach one today, but if dared, I will.

Well stick a fork in me and call me done, the McRib is back... in FLORIDA. I went to McD's in desperation for sustenance and lo and behold, the McRib in back. I didn't see anyone ordering one, but that doesn't mean McD's hasn't found its target market here in FL. It turns out that there are a lot of devotees of this sandwich and they have their own Web site and all. I believe the Simpsons made fun, I mean paid homage, to the McRib in an episode where Homer followed the Krusty Burger's Ribwich's tour across America. Good episode.
Anyway, the McRib is back in limited areas, places where it can frollick with chicken fried steak, cheese balls and pork rinds. Welcome back, McRib.

2 comments:

annie-san said...

back in her meat-eating days, dabney loved these (you know her and her thing for BBQ sauce, even faker than fake BBQ sauce). a couple of years ago, we found a tofu/gluten equivalent. the girl was in heaven.

Unknown said...

I truly don't know what to say about this. You have left me speechless.