Saturday, September 20, 2008

My 2-hour haircut

Yes, my haircut takes two hours. When people say, whaaaa? My response is, have you seen my hair? Well, my hair is naturally curly, which is strange in Asian people, but it's also ridiculously thick. I wouldn't be up for Russian presidency this term. I would have to wait for the next bald man before I can have a go.

Anyway, Frannie wanted photos so I am indulging her here.

Here is the photo of the start of the process. I unfluff my hair and Friyoko at Frevachan on Broome and Crosby Sts. starts by dry cutting my hair.

the beginning - the dry cut 1

we start the 2-hour process of cutting my hair
This takes about 30 minutes or so. Then I go for a wash/condition with their No-Poo and Conditioner. seriously. No-poo. And it takes about 15-20 minutes.

post-wash and condition

Then, when I come back, we go through the drying process. This entails me flipping my hair over and Friyoko scrunches out the water from my hair. And then I sit under the dryer foooorever...

My creation

And this is me post-dryer, but it's not over yet.

almost there!

Friyoko then makes me flip my hair over and fluff it out.

My creation

AND THEN another dry cut:

My creation

AND THEN two hours later, NEW HAIR!

voila!  it's done!

No comments: