Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I got "Super Magic Finger-ed"


I know, that sounds so dirty. Well, I was desperate for a massage and last time I got a massage at Super Magic Fingers (description below), I couldn't walk for two days. Why, you may ask. Well, they do Tui Na there, which is essentially having someone massage each joint and vertebrae in your body. So why would I go there again? Well, even though the last time I went, I couldn't walk or lift my arms for two days, my muscles were extremely relaxed. A little swollen, but relaxed. They are such professionals that I didn't have any muscle spasms. You would think once your body has been tenderized and pounded into submission that your muscles would revolt, but I seriously was never so relaxed in my life. Which is saying something. Not sure what, but something.


So I went again. This time, I expressly asked for LIGHT massage, not too hard. And only asked for 30 minutes. At first, it was light and then it got harder and then i wanted to cry and scream in pain. But after 30 minutes, I actually asked for 15 more minutes. I know, I am a glutton for punishment. I left there tired but feeling great and I felt great for about two hours, after which I felt like I had been pummeled by a 500 lb sumo wrestler. But despite this, I was a in a great mood for the next three days. Sure, my neck and shoulder area were swollen, but I felt fantastic. Such a rush. I wish I could go back, but I need a few more months to completely forget the traumatic, torturous part.


Oh, and it only cost me $35.

From Citysearch description of Super Magic Fingers:



Tui Na Therapy is one of the ancient arts of traditional Chinese medicine. It is a rigorous hands on body work that not only treats the muscles and joints, but more importantly, goes to a deeper level, affecting the flow of vital life energy in the body. In Chinese theory this life energy is Chi. Super Magic Fingers specializes in this type of deep, intense body work that will leave you feeling competely restored and revitalized. Accupressure, Acupuncture, Shiatsu, and Reflexology are also available.

No comments: