Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My not so pretty qualities - UNLEASHED!


I was searching through my blog to see if I had written about my morning bed ritual before. It must have been in an email horoscope. Well, either way, I found this list of my analness from February 2003 and thought it was time to update it. http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/2003/02/ah-sweet-of-mystery-of-life-at-last.html#links

How Anal I Am: A 2008 Update
1) I wash my hands before I eat, after I eat, when I get somewhere new, when I am about to leave somewhere to go somewhere else, when I am about to touch food - well, basically all the time.
Now I only wash my hands before I eat and when I get somewhere new. All other times, I let my disgusting germy hands everywhere.

2) I do have a germ-phobia. I carry antibacterial Wet Ones in my purse.
Don't do this anymore. Except when I am around my mom, who is immunosupressed so it just makes common sense to keep the hands, nose, mouth, everything clean when I am around her.

3) I put two pillowcases on each pillow, as well as a pillow case cover on my pillows. I also put a mattress pad and two fitted sheets on my bed.This is my germ barrier.
OK - I still do this. I am not sure why I do this, but my mom made me do this for YEARS and I can't seem to or want to get out of the habit.

4) Most times, I pack several days in advance of a trip. This includes putting my clothes and under things in my Travel Space Bags(http://www.myspacebag.com/ ) as well as awell-stocked medicine bag (the bag is a Ziploc bag). Again, protectivebarrier.
LOL - I can't believe I used to pack in advance. Somewhere between 2003 and now, I have forgotten the art of packing. I think it was because back then I was traveling a lot for work and had gotten it down to a science. An evil, perfect science. But now? I am lucky to remember underwear or a toothbrush.
And forget the space bags. I now just throw crap in and hope for the best. The Ziploc medicine bag has been scaled down to some alcohol wipes and benadryl cream (see old posts about mosquito bites).

5) I always bring my Japanese wash towel. It's made of this fibrous tough plastic mesh that really does slough off dead skin cells. I really don't feel clean unless I have that with me.
This I still do. I just like the clean feeling after sloughing off dead skin cells.

6) I don't like sharing drinks.
I still don't like sharing drinks; however, I do share drinks especially if they are yummy alcoholic wonders.

7) If you need it, I might have it in my purse. Really, this is true.
No longer true. OK, maybe just a little true. But only if you need lipstick or Lactaid pills.

8) I cannot wear most clothes twice.
So over this one. I have gotten around to only doing my laundry every other week (and those of you who know me know that THIS is REALLY unusual) so I can wear my clothes more than once, dare I say even three times.

9) I smoke, but I hate the smell of smoke, especially on my hands (see No. 1).
This unfortunately is still true.

10) I wash my hair everyday because I hate the smell of smoke and fear that it is in my hair (see No. 9) - all the time.
This is no longer true. I started getting my haircut at Devachan, this curly hair place, and their philosophy (I know - what kind of snobbish freak am I if I go to a hair salon with a philosophy about hair?) is to not wash curly hair more than once a week if you can help it. Feel free to condition it all you want, but don't wash it. Well, I can get by for a couple of days (max: 4) without washing my hair, but after that, the suds are on.

Ah, too much information sharing again. That's what blogs are for, right? Verbal diarrhea?

No comments: