Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Did I tell you I went to Wellesley College?

I got contacted by a fledgling Wellesley grad looking for advice in getting into healthcare PR. And coming from Wellesley which has an extremely strong alum network, I responded and gave her the truth- the good, the bad, the ugly, and the asking for more money at every opportunity truth. We Wellesley women have to help each other out. 

A long time ago, a Wellesley alum (did I mention I went to Wellesley?) helped me get into healthcare PR even after she told me the dark truth. I just wanted to jump in with both feet first so I did not heed her dire warnings. . Just like this recent grad from Wellesley (did I mention that I...). 

I also got her in contact with some of former colleagues. I did this not only because she is a Wellesley alum (did I mention...) but also because she's wicked smaht. So she got a job and I am very proud to have helped mentor her through the process. 

One day I got a package in the mail which included a thank you note and a tiny stuffed giraffe wearing a Wellesley t-shirt -- it's also a magnet! -- from said Wellesley alum (did I mention that I went to Wellesley?). 

I'm not sure who got the better side of the bargain on this one but I am glad to help a Wellesley sister out.  Because I went to Wellesley. 


No comments: