Friday, July 26, 2013

Fried fish cake and cubanelle pepper stir fry

This is one of my favorite dishes.  It's fried fish cake (which I am not sure is really fried but more "fried," just as fish cake is not really fish cake but fish parts blended and extruded into fish cakes) and cubanelle peppers, which aren't hot, but have a very nice sweetness to them.  Much lighter flavor than a bell pepper.

The recipe is pretty much like Maangchi's recipe, but no hot pepper paste, no scallions, no garlic, and instead of corn syrup, maple syrup.  Not a strong maple, but still maple syrup.  Don't want to bother buying another syrup.

I also use soy sauce.

I fry the onion until it's semi translucent, then add the fish cake and the pepper.  When I add the pepper, I add a little water and cover it so it's a little steamed. Once I turn off the heat, I add the sauce.

I have a hard time not eating the entire dish.  But I do try to hold back.  Sometimes.  :)

No comments: