Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Notice something different? (3/2/2005)

I thought it would be best to send my horoscope email from a non-work email. It’s good to have a change, don’t you think?
I am also archiving old email horoscopes (sans horoscope) on my new blog:
http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com
I will still be annoying you with weekly emails, but some people felt strongly that I should start a blog. You know how I hate to go mainstream, but such is. I succumbed to peer pressure.

******************************
So last week, I alluded to a toilet story. My friend, let’s call him Freeven, works in a law office (which is so wrong in so many ways) and, from what he says, the men’s bathroom is a danger zone. It should be cordoned off by the EPA. Seriously. It turns out that the toilets are low flow/flush and the guys like to do their “morning/afternoon/evening constitutions” there. Unfortunately, most of them flush and quickly flee from the scene, without noticing if there are any floaters (word of advice: always look back for floaters). Also, understanding the problems with corporate toilet paper, they tend to overroll and clog the toilets. So, most of the time, the toilets in the men’s bathroom at Freeven’s work are not working. And there are overflow issues as well. It just all sounds BAD.

******************************
Still haven’t chosen the judges, but I will get back to those who are interested.
In the meantime, where are your haikus????? :( I sit here waiting for them. Counting the minutes until I get your haiku.
To recap:
The 2005 (and 3rd) HAIKU CONTEST!
This year’s contest’s theme is: Corporate Toilet Paper Deadline: By EMAIL, EXTENDED to March 30, 2005 Eligibility: The contest is open to the public (that means everyone). Corporate Toilet Paper Haiku contest officers who are members of the Judging Committee are not eligible.
Regulations: Submit as many haikus as you want. All haikus must be in 5-7-5 metric format, which is a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.

******************************
This week’s horoscopes go out to:
Cassie and Jon
Annie, Dabney, Ashley and Feidler
Steven and Alex
Sandy

No comments: