Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My eyeballs feel like two sandpaper covered ping pong balls (6/21/06)

I forgot to tell you: two weeks ago, I experienced something pretty gross. Now if you know me, then you KNOW how much a stickler I am about germs and cleanliness. I am also really careful about food -- if it smells bad/looks bad/remotely tastes wrong, then it's out.

Well, one morning I decided to microwave some bacon (past bacon frying incident
made me wary of frying it in a pan
).
Well, I nuked the bacon and it looked a little strange. However I have never nuked bacon before so what do I know? I took a bit and thought, hmm, that's strange. It doesn't taste right. It tastes not so good. Dare I say, off. But I thought, hmm, maybe it was just that one piece. So I took another slice and ate it. That one tasted weird too. I thought -- maybe it's just the applewood smoke flavor. Needless to say, I ate all the bacon even though I felt there was something wrong with it. So AFTER I ate the bacon, I checked the fridge and lo and behold! I ate the bacon I meant to throw away because it was a month past its expiration date. Needless to say, I wasn't well after that.

Fortunately, I haven't gone off bacon. I just throw things out of my fridge quicker.

+===============+
My houseguests, annie and dabney, and my housedog, fiedler, were a joy to have around. They were here for the Renegade Craft Fair. Ann and Dabney have a business called Mogo (http://mogogoods.com/) and they were here in NYC (Brooklyn to be exact) selling their goods ;) I got the chance to teach Fiedler a new trick -- folding laundry at my laundromat. He's quite good at it now. Check out A&D's blog for a recap of the weekend and check out my blog for my recap and photos as well.

+===============+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Sleep, I miss thee
Martha L and Martha A, aka The Marthas

+===============+

Check out your horoscopes at www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of June 22, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
(c) 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: