Thursday, August 24, 2006

The book of Carbs: My pasta bolognese begat a slice of pizza begat some Triscuits begat a bagel begat fig newtons begat.... (8-24-04)

I have the most uncanny ability to hurt myself. Last time, I got some weird DVT like illness when traveling to Korea, which caused me to get tendonitis -- or tennis elbow, which is hilarious as I don't know how to play tennis. I have had vertigo (twice) and years battling bronchitis (smoking-related). I have a damaged right sinus (one doc wanted me to remove it!!!) and I sleep with my hands tucked under, which has caused carpal tunnel. Yes, I am a walking freak. However, I have recently hurt my hip from exercising too much (I know, I don't know WHOOOOO I am). With the help of a co-worker with an MD, we diagnosed it as bursitis. I got a second opinion from my internist, who agreed it is bursitis. For more info about bursitis, check out the Mayo Clinic's Web site.

I go to my orthopod this afternoon to hopefully get a third opinion and most importantly a cortisone shot and stronger meds.

Now, I know you are wondering exactly HOW I did this. Well, thanks to my friend Annie, I have a video of almost exactly what I was doing when I hurt myself. Check it out!




Thanks, Annie ;)
+=====================+
I have been blogging more and have less concentration this week for my email horoscope. So please check out this past week's blogs at http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/

+=====================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO HOLLY MARIE T in Tallahassee, FL! Girl, what are you STILL doing in that town?
HAPPY THOUGHTS to Albert F., dad to Russell
LET THE LONG TRAIL ALE POUR to Annie, Dabney and Fiedler! Can't wait to see you in Boston/Vermont!
SAD GOODBYE to my Ipod Mini -- although your top popped off, you are still loved!

+=====================+
Check out your weekly horoscope at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of August 24, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: