Wednesday, August 9, 2006

MOTORING! What's your price for flight?!!!! (8-9-06)

MY FAVORITE PHRASES:
Everyone has some phrases they say all the time. My bro used to say "whatchamacallit." For example, "Remember when we went to that rest stop and that guy had a whatchamacalli?" My answer is inevitably, "What?" [The first of my favorite phrases.]

I noticed that my friends and I tend to have a Tourette's-like repetitiveness about certain words and phrases. For a while, we were all saying, "Roight, roight, roight..." That's "right" with an obnoxious accent.

Other than "What?" which comes out of my mouth 3,000,000 times a day (It's not that I have bad hearing -- according to my ENT, I have perfect hearing -- but it is because I AM JUST NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU), my other favorite phrases are:

Fav Phrase #2:
(Dramatic eyebrow lift, pouting of lips)

"I DON'T KNOW WHOOOOO YOU ARE."

I dropped the "ANYMORE" from the end because it seemed extraneous.

This phrase works particularly well when someone does something so out of character that you just have to recognize it. For example,

Girlladyfriend 1: I have been to the gym every morning at 7 AM this week.

Girlladyfriend 2: I DON'T KNOW WHOOOOO YOU ARE.


Fav Phrase #3:
I actually don't say this one out loud -- I usually say it in my head.

"HEY, you're lucky I showed up AND I am clothed!"

This phrase comes in handy for all sorts of situations, but mostly work-related.

+==================+
UNCONSCIOUSLY INCOMPETENT

So I recently learned of the concepts of the conscious competence model or matrix. It generally means that people have four different levels of awareness and understand.

First is the unconsciously incompetent. They think not neither do they do it well.

Second is the consciously incompetent. They do think, but they still don't do it well.

Third is the unconsciously competent. They don't think and somehow it still works.

Fourth is the consciously competent. They think AND do.

I am not sure why I am telling you this. There was a good reason. If I remember I will let you know later.

+==================+
I AM STELLAR

My best friend, Dr. Sandy, sent me the following email:

So I had a thought there are so many reality shows. There's something for everyone.

Take you... I think you would be stellar on Survivor, Apprentice or the Next Superhero.

THANKS SANDY! However I really need modern plumping -- so Survivor's out. And if I was on the Apprentice, I would be kicked off because I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself from running at Donald Trump and mussing up his hair. I would just jump over that table and go crazy on his comb over. JUST CRAZY MESSY!

That would so satisfying.

However, I TOTALLY AGREE about the "WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPER HERO?" This is a reality TV show with Stan Lee (of comic book fame) and he chooses from a group of self-styled "super heroes" the next super hero
for his comic book empire. They have had to battle attack dogs and fight their fear of heights. I could TOTALLY be there. I would be "LaZgirl." TV-watching, LaZboy sitting SuperHero.

+=================+
this week's horoscopes go out to:
dr. john and doug and annie - go shortie!
dr. sandy -- you're stellar too! - it's yo birthday!
bob and russell - we gonna party like it's yo birthday!
;)

+=================+

Check out your weekly horoscopehttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifs at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of August 10, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
(c) 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: