Thursday, November 9, 2006

Aye and then there is the fightin'...and the stealin'...and the drinkin and fightin'...and the kebabs... (11-9-06)

I got a flu shot today and my arm is SORE. I think the nurse dug that needle around, back and forth. She sure wanted to make sure that the vaccine got in there.

I am a strong proponent of the flu vaccine. The more people get it, the less I will get sick. I am so sick of your poor hygiene. You really gross me out. Who am I speaking to? Everyone! Everyone who doesn't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. Everyone who sneezes a wet sneeze into their hands and then grab the subway pole. Everyone who picks their noses on trains. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Did you know the CDC has a weekly flu report? Aren't you glad you don't have to write it?

Weekly Report: Influenza Summary Update


Week ending November 4, 2006-Week 44
Synopsis:

During week 44 (October 29 – November 4, 2006)*, a low level of influenza activity was reported in the United States. Eighty-four (4.8%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories were positive for influenza. The proportion of patient visits to sentinel providers for influenza-like illness (ILI) and the proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza were below baseline levels. One state reported regional influenza activity; two states reported local influenza activity; 12 states and the District of Columbia reported sporadic influenza activity; 34 states and New York City reported no influenza activity; and one state did not report.
+======================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
FIEDLER - if I could give you a kidney, I would

And to:
Cynthia - I sure hope you were able to find the right bus out of Charles de Gaulle.
Whoever fired Rumsfeld
Neither Britney or K-Fed - I am soooo sick of both of them

+======================+
Check out your weekly horoscopes at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of November 9, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: