Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I spy with my little eye...an old lady (11-15-06)

I met up with Lynn (also commonly known as Frynn) in RIDGEWOOD, NJ! Sunny Ridgewood, NEW JERSEY! I took a BUS from Port Authority, and I entered NEW JERSEY. Why? All because of pancakes. Yes, pancakes. The Country Pancake House is a destination I have wanted to go to since I read Robyn's review of the Country Pancake House on her blog. That and I REALLY like pancakes.

Here is a photo of my pancakes:

Country Pancake House


They were REALLY big. REALLY BIG. overall, they were good. The syrup was not so great, but the pancake was still good. Would I travel all the way to Ridgewood again for them? Maybe. Definitely for the company. And I would be willing to try the pancakes again.

What was really interesting about Ridgewood is its quaintness -- town square, shops surrounding the square, post office building where the local postman really went postal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal#Ridgewood.2C_New_Jersey_in_1991 ), and the loads of aimless teenagers who had nowhere to go and nothing to do.

It was amazing -- all of these teens or tweens with no car and no money and nowhere to go. And boy, were they loud and so in love with their voices. And very exuberant. VERY exuberant. Reminded me of ME in jr/high school. Although in Jacksonville there is nowhere to congregate...other than Bennigan's! My friends and I were regularly kicked out of that place. However, I feel no remorse. Why should I? I paid the price last weekend dodging the tweens who were cavorting in groups trying to out yell each other.


+=============+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Dabney & Diane, Happy Birthday!!!!
Cynthia, glad you made it back safe
lil' Henry, get well soon!
Lisa, hey!

+=============+
Check out your weekly horoscopes at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of November 16, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: