Monday, May 5, 2008

My Big Dig

So, I have been whining about cleaning out my apartment for years, but I have been verrrry slow about doing anything. Until this weekend. It was going to be rainy anyway (note - it wasn't rainy. damn weatherpeople!) so I buckled in and started to rake through my apt. Here are some before photos. Be kind - don't judge me on the mess :)

One part of the chaos:
Oy the mess

My closet vomited all my bags:
My closet vomited up my handbags

Bookshelf hell:
BEFORE

I am going to have to get a backhoe to unearth this stuff:
BEFORE

What's great about this excavation is that I found this outfit from 1995 when I worked at Talbot's one winter (mom wanted a discount). I saved it from the last purge because the outfit makes me laugh really hard. I am ready to part with it however. The Frarthas want a photo of me IN the outfit, but honestly, I think my skin would break out from all that preppy.

Talbots outfit

I will have more photos up once I have dug through the mess. I was able to throw out three giant bags of garbage and compile about 4 bags and two boxes full of clothes and such for donation. Wish me luck!

No comments: