Thursday, June 26, 2008

IWA or BUST: Day two

Somehow, we got up and started driving out of GA early on day two. Of course, I went into the bedroom to sleep. No one wanted to go back there because the back is the loudest and bumpiest part of a moving RV. However, it was fine for me because I slept through GA and woke up in Tenn!

At the rest stop

The rest stop was most informative. We were on the Blue Star Memorial Highway.

At the rest stop

And on our way through Tenn!

TN!

Here's mom enjoying the scenery. It was the first time she had really been out and about other than the hospital and Clermont; so seeing the US was fascinating for her.

mom's usual position in RV

My dad on the other hand wasn't that impressed.

dad's usual position in RV

He enjoyed watching DVDs though.

And just to show you how unstable it was in the RV, here's an action shot:

me in RV

Here's the Tenn river:

rv in TN - TN river

My mom and I caught up. I told her my teeth were yellow and she said that was normal. What do you think?

My teeth are yellow

My brother spent the entire trip in the captain's chair, which reclined. Lucky.

bro in rv

Here's mom's tiny shoes:

mom's tiny shoes

As you can see, the trip was calming and peaceful and we didn't do much other than look at scenery and sleep.

OK, I slept.

And then I woke up in:

TN

HA - fooled you. It's still Tenn.

And more sleeping:

mom naps

dad's usual position in RV

And when we woke up, we were in...

actually, we had no idea where we were. One thing was for sure. We were in a truck stop.

truck stop cometh, IL

Where my brother, who was constantly trying to get a signal, and I went to get lunch. And then sleep.

When we woke up again, we were in IL!

Yes, we are in IL

Where we stayed at:

Oh, the holiday inn!

And obeyed the signs:

I will obey

By this point, we were all exhausted. The jostling and bumping was driving us all nuts. My brother, the driver and I ended up drinking in the hotel to steady our nerves. Afterwhich, we all promptly passed out again.

2 comments:

mattsnod said...

Sorry, Michelle. Martha Steward already took your Coochie Cozy idea.
http://www.littlefivers.com/relationships/perks-of-dating-martha-stewart/

Steven Kane said...

I am totally stealing that "yellow teeth" photo. That is going to be your image on my phone from now on! Awesome.