Wednesday, June 25, 2008

When in IWA...

[I know this entry ruins the sequence of the RV trip, but I need a little distance from the RV trip. Lots of distance.]

I am in Panera Bread, where only the wireless is free. The free wifi is probably one of the only reasons why I would come to a Panera. OK the sandwiches are okay but they don't know their way around a bagel. However, here is the picture of my order:

my Panera meal

I got the bagel because it is a vehicle for veggie spread.

Mmmmmm, veggie spread....

Enjoying my ridiculously large iced tea

You may wonder why I am at a Panera in the first place. Well, I am here to kill time before my massage appointment. Frike and Fren are treating me to a massage, which is desperately needed.

IWA is so cheap! The cost of this 1-hour massage is the same as a 1/2 hour massage in NYC!!!! And I am getting some guy named Jean Paul to turn me into, as Fren calls it, "mashed potatoes."

The one thing I have noticed here in the Midwest are the very suggestive names for things. For example, my family would like me to get a job in IWA and move here. I suggested getting a job at the local convenience store:

KUM & GO

The Kum & Go. Sorry for the bad picture - we were in a car at the time.

The benefit of working at a Kum & Go would be the ability to sell:

Pearson's NUT GOODIE - The Original

NUT GOODIES!

Or...

Pearson's Salted NUT ROLL

Salted NUT ROLLS!

Of course, I could just get a job at McDonald's where I could sell:

big n tasty

A Big N' Tasty. Of course, I wouldn't have to be in IWA to sell those; Big N' Tastys are national.

:)

No comments: