Thursday, August 7, 2008

To only be in Vermont...

I was in VT last weekend with Frabney and Frannie. I finally had a nice long, relaxing weekend where not much was accomplished. It was fantastic and big thanks for the Frabnnie's for it.

Of course, I don't have any actual photos of the three of us, but I did take some photos of our doings. I got in some great Vermont activities down last weekend.


First, we played Bingo at the Senior Citizen's Center and I won $45. YES, I did! Frannie and Frabney were dismayed as every time they bring a new person to Bingo, the new person wins instead of them. But as I told them, they have great luck in many other areas.



Then we went tubing which was also excellent. Water was high due to all of the recent rain and it went much too fast.

blurry me

We also went to a tag sale and had a fire in the fire pit on the new deck.

Here's a view off the deck in daylight. Looks like the set for "Lord of the Flies," but trust me, it's beautiful.

Deck view from Friane's house


As for the weekend, we could have been REALLY VT and traveled for cheese tastings, but there was already too much dairy for my good without the cheese tastings.

One interesting highlight of the weekend was visiting Joseph Smith's birthplace. He was the founder of Mormonism. On the way, we got stuck in a cattle crossing.

cows crossing the street

And then we finally got to:

Joseph Smith's birthplace sign

Where they have fun for kids of all ages at:

Fun at Camp Joseph

It's a well-appointed spot, with pristine lawns and buildings:

building at Joseph Smith's birth place

And a memorial obelisk:

Memorial obelisk at Joseph Smith birth place

to Joseph Smith of course.

And the piece de resistance was the driveway's name:

LDS Lane 1

Later on in the weekend, Frauren and her dog Fronkey came to visit. Fronkey had her first swim ever in Silver Lake:

monkey's first swim

And what topped off the weekend for me was that Monkey decided that she wanted to sleep in my bed rather than Frauren's or her own. Isn't she sweet?

No comments: