Thursday, June 21, 2012

All gifts are welcome - the explanation

I send out a weekly horoscope email* (horoscopes by the renown Rob Brezsny whose column is "Free Will Astrology" and can also be found here).  The beginning of the email includes some of my belly gazing thoughts.  This week however I got an email from Frannie who didn't understand the subject line or my musings.

Well, it was really obtuse and not understandable, which is what I wanted.

The subject line was:  All gifts are welcome.

This refers to a present I got from my house cleaner (whose work is not a luxury - a necessity.  I would rather pay my house cleaner than eat).  I believe she got it for me to feel better about Boo's passing.  And the gift is really touching.  And they ROCK.

They are earrings - hoop earrings to be exact.

One side of the image is:
Untitled

The other side of the image is:
Untitled

Transition shot:
Untitled

Awesomeness.  So as the subject line explains:  All gifts are welcome.

__________________________________

The other thing I wrote was just a single word at the beginning of the email:  dirigible.

I was listening to a The Decemberists' song and they used the word "dirigible."  Now that's a word that doesn't get used very often and it is really fun to say.  Dirigible.  Dir-i-juh-buhl.  Try it.

Brockhaus-Efron_Aeronavtika
This image comes from the Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary (1890-1907). The copyrights for that book have expired and this image is in the public domain.

Untitled

*If you want to be added to my horoscope email, let me know.

1 comment:

joongoon said...

I'm soooo sorry about BOO. Poor Girlladyfriend!