Wednesday, March 29, 2006

She loves to move, she loves to groove, she loves the lovin' things! (3-29-06)

I am admitting it to all the world. I quit smoking today, March 29, 2006. Now I know what most of you are thinking -- you started smoking again???? I thought you quit!!! Yes, I did quit in March/April of last year. And I was on the wagon for a while. It was nice being on the wagon. Great view, good breeze. And then I fell off again. But now I am back on the wagon.

My head is REALLLLLLY fuzzy. I had to warn some people at work that my muddleheadedness is due to nicotine withdrawal. My head feels like it is filled with cotton balls and I could probably dig around my ears and pull some out for you. Actually, it feels like being high without the fun parts.

Most people have been very supportive, but with a twinge of disbelief. Even though everyone wants to believe that I have quit, they know they won't bet money on it. Well, I can tell you right now to bet money on it. As my friend Jen B says, that door is CLOSED.

REALLY.

The one good thing about quit day though is I am allowing myself to eat whatever the hell I want. It's been great. I had an onion bagel with cream cheese, a powdered donut (work gave us a donut break this morning; Entenmenn's donuts -- which aren't doughnuts. They are DONUTS http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/product.cfm/upc/7203001451), rice balls {http://www.riceball-omsb.com/} [YES, Lisa D, I had rice balls for lunch], a hot dog and some Indian food.

I feel sort of gross.

But I feel good.

+================+
Check out my more frequest musings at http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/

+================+
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Chelsea, Lauren McDude's little leaning pile of doggie, goodbye

+================+
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of March 30, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
(c) 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.
Check out your weekly horoscope at http://freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/printer-friendly.html

No comments: