Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Who wants to get trashed on Friday night? (7/26/06)

This is one of my favorite blogs - Weird Meat! This guy writes about the "strange" meat he eats. Personally, it's only weird to him. People who live there find it totally normal. Or almost normal. Ok, it's a little weird.

+====================+
I caved into peer pressure and created a myspace page. The minute I posted my information, I got harangued by them. They are everywhere. They pursue me like a cat after catnip. They are Men Who Are Obsessed With Asian Women (MWAOWAW). I have been receiving obsessive and annoying emails from MWAOWAW. Most are nice:

just wanted to say hi.

Checking out his profile, he has tons of friends who are Asian -- Asian girls. MWAOWAW in disguise.

Then I added "Ironman" by Black Sabbath to see if it would change things up. It did:

YOU LIKE THAT YOU WOULD BE A GREAT PRESON TO BE WITH..WRITE ME BACK...

Huh?

Then things took a turn for the worse:

im [NAME REMOVED] from the bronx. you are so pretty mami. mwah. a kiss boricua style just for you. im new here on myspace so drop me a line whenever. peace.

That one made my friend Michael roll on the floor. I think Michael is giving kisses boricua style now too.

And then it just got damn sad. And gross.

i love asian women! im pitching a tent

After that, I decided to remove my ethnic status AND some other identifiers.

I haven't gotten another proposition since. Oddly enough I miss them.

+=================+
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ANNIE!!!
BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR FIRST WEEK OF WORK, JEN B!!

+=================+
Check out your weekly horoscope at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of July 27, 2006
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

That myspace thing is totally creepy. :O WHO WOULD REPLY TO THOSE MESSAGES? Never happened to me...phew! The weirdest related thing I've encountered was when one of my flickr photos was favorited by a random guy and I noticed that most of his favorites were of young Asian females. Hmmmmmmmm.

Unknown said...

Agreed. creepy.