Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Why am I so sleepy? (1-3-07)

Sorry (or for the Canadians, sorrr-ee) for the delay. It's been a busy December.

First of all, I was at a MD appt and THEY found me. THEY are the Falun Gong. Back in September of '04, they chased me down a street. I carefully avoided them since that unfortunate episode. Oh, they still try and get me. Outside of subways handing out their newspaper, The Epoch Times (which in my head sounds like "E-POCK"). On street corners. But I never expected to see them in my MD's office.

I shouldn't have said anything. That was my first mistake. This Asian woman was folding pretty papers into an origami shape. I was intrigued and said that it was very pretty. See, it was my fault: I opened the door. Well, she didn't speak English but she let me know that she wanted me to have the pretty origami flower. I was pleased to accept until I noticed that the tag said Falun Dafa. That and she kept repeating, "FALUN DAFA, FALUN DAFA." (Falun Dafa is the spiritual movement that practices Falun Gong.) Thankfully she didn't espouse the wonders of Falun Dafa/Gong or the oppression of its people by the Chinese government. I was saved.

Here is a picture of the pretty origami flower. I am choosing to ignore the falun part.
IMG_0810.JPG

+==============+
I went down to FL to visit the folks for the holidays. Due to poor timing, I had 7 days vacation from work which I had to take or else they would disappear into the ether. Yes, Corporate decided that there would be no days carried over into 2007. Bastards. So I spent 9 days in Clermont, FL , which is about 40 minutes outside of Orlando. Most of my days were spent sitting around looking at the sandhill crane family that would come visit.
IMG_0831.JPG


And watching my parents watch Korean TV on the Internet (mom on left, dad on right).
IMG_0820.JPG


And looking at the piles of dirt the gophers pushed out while they were digging underneath my parents' home.
IMG_0836.JPG


Good times.

+===================+
I got this vest for Christmas. And yes, it is made of Skinned Muppets:
IMG_0840.JPG

+===================+
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!!
This week's horoscopes go out to:
Lori & Rick
D
Bob & Russell
Eileen & Michael

+===================+

Check out your horoscopes at
Free Will Astrology
Horoscopes for week of January 4, 2007
By Rob Brezsny
© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: