Sunday, August 26, 2007

Check, baby, check, baby, 1-2; Check, baby, check, baby, 1

My friend Frertischek came to visit me this weekend and she did the most amazing thing a friend could ever do: she made me get rid of 10 garbage bags full of junk.



Now you may recall that I helped my parents unload years of crap:



http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/2005/05/i-am-queen-of-hill-people-5-12-05.html#links
http://girlladyfriend.blogspot.com/2007/04/say-you-say-me-4-19-07.html#links

I guess I am my parents' daughter. I had statements and old checks from 1994. 1994!!!! Can you believe that? I couldn't. I am sure Frertischek was horrified but she never let me know. She just kept encouraging me (i.e., relentless making me regardless of the time or my lack of interest) to get rid of stuff.

You would think 10 garbage bags would have made a huge difference in my apartment. Well, it didn't. I still have A LOT to throw away. But she helped me. I think I might have to cash in on all the offers from friends who said they would help. Great - I bet you now no one is going to take my calls.

+=======================+

In between all of the throwing out of stuff, Frertischek and I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge on this fabulous summer day:

We are on the Brooklyn Bridge

We also wandered around Brooklyn Heights; went to the greenmarket . . .

purty flowers at Brooklyn greenmarket

. . . where I oogled some eggplants . . .

Eggplants at Brooklyn greenmarket

And once there, we treated ourselves to this:
Snack in Brooklyn

And then we went back to Manhattan where we continued to slog through my den of crap.

Thanks Frertischek!

+=============+

This week's horoscopes go out to:

Fretischek!

Frandy!

Frob and Frussell!

Client-paid taxis in New York!

Massages!

+===================+

Check out your weekly horoscope at:

Free Will Astrology

Horoscopes for week of August 23, 2007

By Rob Brezsny

© 1995-2004, Rob Brezsny. All rights reserved.

No comments: