Tuesday, March 13, 2012

back in the day 10019

I was in my old neighborhood today which hasn't changed much.  I used to live North of Hell's Kitchen, South of Lincoln Center (NoHeKitchSoLinCent).  When I first moved into the nabe, the Coliseum was closed down and the area was a bit depressed.  Here's the Coliseum in its Hey Day:



(Photo from Soviet Cultural exhibit, Coliseum, New York City, 1959)

I can't seem to find a photo of it being torn down.  Now there's the Time Warner Center, Pinkberry, Fourbucks, and lots of fancy pantsy-ness.

Well anyways, I walked around the nabe and had a sandwich at my old corner deli:



don't ask.  you don't wanna know what's in that.

And then I ran into an old neighbor, who was so nice.  invited me to travel with him and his cousin to London.  it was a good day :)

4 comments:

ronald (@nebraskaboy) said...

you need a drink coupon for the trip? :-)

girlladyfriend said...

OF COURSE

MrsJ said...

man, I miss our old nabe too. :) and you!

girlladyfriend said...

I miss you too :) I feel lucky that we got to spend some time in Minnehsooohtah. And keep up the bloggin'