Thursday, April 5, 2012

happy birthday to my mom

don't take my picture! cropped

Today would have been my mom's 71st birthday.  For those who knew her, she was a sweet person, quite shy.  For me, she was not only the best mom, but also a prankster, a confidant, and a shoulder to lean on.  I miss her lots.

She passed away more than a year and a half ago and it's only now that I can express my grief and remember her without totally losing it.  I pretty much avoided thinking about her birthday last year - I knew it was there, and I knew I was thinking of her - but I didn't really want to celebrate.  This year I do - so in the shower I sang her Happy Birthday.  And at same time I got to the end of the song, someone in the building flushed their toilet and I got a sharp blast of hot, hot water.  I mean HOT. And I like to think that was my mom, playing yet another prank on me.

So happy birthday, Mom - I love you very, very much!

mom 1978

Mom

moms 1st bday small

No comments: