Sunday, April 1, 2012

my "hair journey"

my hair is getting back to normal

so i decided to try the no-poo method, which is not using shampoo but using non-shampoo cleansers to clean my hair/scalp.  I think so far it is working.  my hair hasn't been this happy in a while.  just using conditioner and water.  look - my hair is smiling!  it turns out that people haven't been using shampoo for a long time.  I first heard of this from this Japanese hair dresser I went to in the early 90s.  He hadn't shampooed his hair in many, many years and his hair was amazing - really long and didn't smell.  very surprising.  it turns out there are many curly-/wavy-/straight-haired people on this same hair journey.  no joke.  they all have different reasons - don't want to use chemicals on their heads, pollute the water, use more natural things in their hair/lives, have more natural hair.  i'm not that altruistic - just vain.  so let's see how this journey goes.

No comments: